JustinBradley’s client, an international non-profit that works to combat poverty in over 100 nations and counting is looking to add a new Director of Finance to their team. Partnering with civil society organizations, this organization works to create transparency and accountability in governments so that lasting improvements can be made to low and middle-income countries. Along with a culture built upon integrity, optimism, accountability, and a sense of collaboration, the drive to continue learning has been the backbone to this institution’s accomplishments. With success stories from around the globe, this non-profit is receiving increased funding and support to continue and expand their incredible mission.
The Director of Finance is responsible for the oversight and management of the organization’s financial affairs and internal day-to-day financial operations, guaranteeing the stewardship of the organization and funding partner resources. The Director of Finance also participates as an integral part of the leadership team in developing and implementing strategic plans and goals for Finance & Operations.
What’s Attractive to the Right Individual:
- The opportunity to work in a rewarding, collaborative, engaging environment;
- The organization is financially healthy and is in the process of developing and expanding programs that will increase funding and the organization’s global footprint;
- The ability to assist in maturing the financial processes for the next stage of growth;
- An excellent compensation package complete with extensive benefits;
- Opportunity to work with world-renowned foundations and be part of a powerful group that has the capability to make the world a better place.
- Participates with the management team in securing and monitoring the overall financial health of the organization over the medium? and long?term, including identifying and mitigating all related potential organizational risks;
- Leads on and ensures the timeliness, accuracy and usefulness of financial reporting for the Executive Team, the Board, program managers and funders;
- Serves as liaison to the Board and facilitates finance and audit committees; develop and deliver reports on financial matters regularly; serve as liaison to Treasurer and respond to requests as appropriate;
- Oversees and manages the organization’s financial control environment (including systems for all key finance functions of treasury, general ledger, payroll, grants management and other ancillary systems, and all associated policies and procedures) to ensure that the organization makes sound strategic decisions on the use of its resources, operates in an effective and fiscally sound manner, and meets all financial compliance standards and best practices for all aspects of the organization’s financial operations;
- Coordinates the annual audit; ensures legal and regulatory compliance of all financial functions, including appropriate filing of tax returns;
- Manages the auditor relationship and is responsible for bidding audit services when agreed to by Board’s audit committee;
A well-qualified candidate will possess the following:
- Masters’ degree in Accounting or Finance, or equivalent experience, required
- 8 to 10 years of experience managing the financial operations of an organization and/or network operating international programs supporting local or regional partner organizations. Related experience in designing and developing financial systems to support these programs, preferred.
- At least 5 to 7 years of experience leading audit preparation, accounting and reporting as well as strategic financial analysis and forecasting
- At least 5 to 7 years of experience building and managing effective finance work teams
JustinBradley is an EO employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
Category: Accounting & Finance